Bachelor 101: The Woman, The Watch Party, and Our Predicted Winner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Spoiler Alert: This article shares details of episode six of the Bachelor aired Monday, February 19th.

If you’ve been watching the Bachelor, you know that this season is arguably the best season of the series thus far. If you haven’t been watching, what are you waiting for? We have been gifted with a dream of a man, Joey Graziedei, as our Bachelor, and a cast of beautiful and confident women battling to be his future wife. 

We are officially more than halfway through the season at week six with only six women left in the game. But, don’t worry if you’re just joining the craze. This article will catch you up on everything you need to know.

If you need a recap of episodes one through six, go to TikTok creator Zachary Reality’s page for all the tea.

Who’s Still in the Running?

In the most recent episodes Joey said goodbye to three drama-involved women: Sydney, Jess, and Lea. He also parted ways with Edwina, Allison, Autumn, Madina, and Katelynn. In episode six, Lexi made a heart-breaking yet wise decision to leave the show early; she and Joey had a real connection, but with different timelines a relationship isn’t realistic.

So, that leaves six fan favorites as our standing contestants: Maria, Daisy, Jenn, Rachel, Kelsey A, and Kelsy T.

What’s Next?

In episode seven, Joey and the women will travel to Jasper, Canada for an enchanting wilderness getaway. It is expected that two women will be eliminated during week seven. The final four will head to hometowns where Joey will be meeting their families. We can expect some ~ spicy ~ moments to unfold during hometowns as Joey takes three women on overnight dates. Finally, Joey will introduce the two women to his family before making the final decision.

Our Predictions:

Since the start of the season, fans have been rooting for one girl more than the others, Daisy. You’d have to be blind to miss the genuine connection between Joey and Daisy. Although they haven’t spent the most one-on-one time together in recent episodes, their connection has remained strong. Their ability to escape the show’s chaos to have fun and light moments while sharing the deepest parts of themselves is why I rank Daisy at the #1 spot.

Maria and Kelsey A fill my #2 and #3 spots. Their connections with Joey have been nothing short of magnetic. Maria consistently brings an intense flirtatiousness and lust for life out of Joey that the other girls have yet to see. Similarly, Kelsey A had an intimate and magical one-on-one date with Joey that proved an undeniable chemistry between them. But will the two women’s chemistry be enough for Joey to see them as his future wife?

Jenn, Rachel, and Kelsey T take the #4, #5, and #6 spots in my ranking. They are incredible, stand-up women but their connections simply don’t reach the same level of intimacy as the others. 

How to Watch:

1. Get Cozy With Someone or Somebodies

The best way to watch the Bachelor is cuddled up with a significant other or your best friends. Turn down the lights and turn up the romance by lighting some candles and getting comfy under a fluffy blanket. Once you’ve settled into your seat, it’s time to start watching; the Bachelor airs on television every Monday at 8pm and for streaming on Hulu every Tuesday.

1. Have Snacks

With episodes being an hour and a half of drama and competition, you will need serious fuel to keep up. I loved making chocolate covered strawberries with my friends and playing into the romantic date night vibes of the show. Staying on theme with your snacks is the perfect way to watch.

1. Up the Stakes With the Bachelor Draft

If you think about it, the Bachelor is basically the NFL playoffs. Each week players compete to prove their worth and as the season goes on the stakes get higher and more players get dropped in the competition. That is why my favorite way to watch the Bachelor is by playing the Bachelor Draft. The rules are the same as the NFL Draft, each person you play with picks their top contestants, one selection per round, no double picks allowed. Choose wisely! Once you pick your team, there’s no going back.

1. Debrief

Did you even watch the episode if you don’t debrief after? With discrete body language and game-changing information getting dropped, it is easy to miss something that may shift the love dynamic. So, make sure you and your friends are on the same page by discussing everything on your mind.

1. Adjust the Pyramid

After the debrief, who do you think is getting the final rose? Keep your thoughts in order and set for next week’s episode by ranking the girls most to least likely to be Joey’s true match. 

Cassandra is a sophomore at Brown University studying Political Science and Economics. She belongs to Kappa Delta Sorority and is a member of Ivy Film Festival's Business and DEI teams. In her free time Cassandra enjoys getting a sweet treat with friends, reading thriller novels, and watching the Kardashians.