ulta flaylay test 4?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ulta flaylay test 4?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

5 Tips on Planning the Ultimate Stay-at-Home NYE Bash

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Winter break looms, which means that New Year’s Eve is upon us! If staying-at-home sounds the loveliest way to enter into 2024, we have you covered on all fronts!

Create An Ambiance

A party is truly incomplete with the proper decorations. Look no further than Amazon, Home Goods, or Target to add a bit of sparkle to your evening. I personally love to select a theme for the evening.
For this particular eve, choose gold or silver. Once you have established a theme, you can have fun shopping for the perfect items! Here are some of my favorite decorations: gold balloons, ”cheers” glasses, glam straws, table runner, Happy New Year banner, and glitter cups.

dine deliciously

Plan and prepare a homemade dinner with a festive drink. This year, make a warm dish such as Chicken Sausage Rigatoni, a well-prepared steak, salad, and fresh baguette, or mini homemade pizzas.  Be sure to conclude the meal with some sweet treats such as champagne jello, macarons from your local bakery, or a healthier homemade version of double chocolate cookies to commence on your next health journey.

make vision boards

My most favorite way to visualize my goals for the subsequent year in through Pinterest. Create a board with your favorite images that represent all your upcoming aspirations and objectives, print them at a local CVS or Walgreens, and curate your very own Canvas with these photos. Add any creative enhancements you want to the board, and it can serve as room decor and a reminder of your goals. Here is some inspiration for your very own vision board.

get cozy

Light a candle or a fireplace, and stay comfortable in an adorable lounge underneath a blanket. If you are in need of a new blanket, I love this faux fur style from Target, and you cannot go wrong with a luxurious leisure set from Alo.

Watch The NYE Ball-Drop on CNN

The time-treasured tradition of bringing in the New Year with Anderson Cooper and specifically the annual rendition of Imagine which reverberates throughout the Times Square provide nostalgic comfort that guides you gently into the New Year.

Maggie Seidel is the President of the Her Campus at Brown chapter. In this role, she oversees and recruits new members and writers, produces content for Pinterest and Instagram, manages the calendar, editorial process, and brand partnerships, leads weekly meetings and outreach, and contributes weekly articles. Maggie studies International & Public Affairs and Entrepreneurship, and she is a current sophomore. She is also a chair on the executive leadership team of Brown University's Women in Business, the Co-Editor-In-Chief of the Intercollegiate Finance Journal, a teaching assistant for an entrepreneurship class at Brown, and a member of Kappa Delta sorority. Her Campus is Maggie's place of happy. She also loves to play tennis, celebrate holidays of any and all kinds, curate new Pinterest boards, and enjoy a leisurely weekend brunch and cup of warm coffee.