Wellness

3 RELIABLE WAYS TO PREPARE FOR YOUR BEST SEMESTER YET

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

With winter break coming to an end, it’s time to look towards the new semester in a new calendar year! Whether you’re apprehensive about heading back to school, excited to be back, or sad to leave home, these are a few ways to ease your transition, prepare, and successfully set yourself up for the semester.

PRACTICE SELF-CARE

I know that going back to school can bring a variety of emotions, and self-care activities such as journaling, going on a walk, and taking a bath can help clear your mind. I also like to use the week before school starts to schedule all my medical appointments, a haircut, a facial, and more to feel good!

AT-HOME RELAXATION

In preparing to live in a dorm room for another semester, I like to take advantage of the comfort of home as much as possible. As someone who lives abroad, I also like to take the time to shop for clothes, snacks, and more that I cannot buy back at school. Finally, I make the time to see family and friends whom I may not see again for a few months!

SET YOUR GOALS

Setting goals is a great way to mentally prepare and ease yourself into the new semester, in addition to adequately planning for courses before the shopping period. I would set both social and academic goals, and this is a great activity to do while traveling back to school.

Blossom is a sophomore at Brown University from Hong Kong studying Behavioral Decision Sciences and Economics. Beyond Her Campus, she is a part of Kappa Delta Sorority and Hong Kong Students Association. She enjoys going to coffee shops, traveling to new countries, going on walks, and hanging out with friends and her dog.