This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

It’s that time of the year again. Schedules are filling up, hours in the library are increasing, and time for self-care is slowly shrinking. It’s easy to let sleep, nutrition, and rest fall by the wayside as our commitments keep us busier than ever, but as midterms and the holiday season approach, it is more important than ever to take some time to restore. Do yourself a favor and take the long weekend to recharge your battery with a few of the ideas below.

Prioritize Your Sleep Schedule

As a college student it is often difficult to get enough sleep. From school work to social commitments, we are all so busy! The power of sleep cannot be underestimated, however! Benefits include mood, memory, hormones, and your immune system. Experts recommend 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night, so take the long weekend to create some healthy sleep habits.

Get Outside

It is easy to spend hours in the library or hunker down in your dorm after a full day of classes, but the outdoors can often provide an immediate refresh. Whether it’s a quick stroll in the  park, a hike at a local trail, or a jog around campus, the fresh air may provide some much needed vitamin D and a mood boost.

Clean Your Space

There are few things better than a clean and organized space for some peace of mind. Put on your favorite music or a podcast and dedicate some time this weekend to vacuuming, laundry, and tidying up. Your future self will thank you.

Spend Quality Time with a Friend

Binge watching a show or studying with a friend can be fun, but we often forget how therapeutic it can be to put down the phone, table the homework, and spend some quality time with a close friend. Go to your favorite coffee shop, stroll around campus, or take a day trip with your best friend.

Cook a Homemade Meal

Food is nourishment and cooking a homemade meal can be the ultimate form of self-care. While getting a meal from the dining hall or a local restaurant is easy, grocery shopping for ingredients, putting on a good playlist, and maybe recruiting some friends to cook a delicious meal can be a fun way to spend a night in.

Do a Workout Class

It’s no secret that movement in any form is beneficial for one’s mental and physical wellbeing. Want something more relaxing? Try yoga. Into high intensity workouts? Try kickboxing! Whether it’s a class at the university gym or one off campus, attending a workout class is a great way to try something new and get your body moving.

Pamper Yourself

Repeat after me: Self-care isn’t selfish! We often forget how restorative it can be to treat our bodies with some extra TLC. Pick up some face masks, nail polish, and lotions and throw your own spa night!

Organize Your Planner

Part of restoration is thinking of your future self. Set yourself up for a less stressful week by organizing your assignments and to-do list in your planner before the week starts. It will provide much needed peace of mind.

Read a Fun Book

When was the last time you read a book that was not required reading? We can easily underestimate the comfort of curling up with a good book and falling into an engrossing story. This list could get you started.

Bake a Special Treat

From chocolate chip cookies to a seasonal pumpkin bread , the smell of a fresh baked good in the oven is an instant mood booster. Bake a sweet treat this weekend and share the leftovers with your friends!

Alexandra Tucker is a writer at Brown's Her Campus chapter from Boston, Massachusetts. She writes on style, culture, food, and Providence. Alex is currently a junior at Brown University, concentrating in Public Health and Health and Human Biology. She is a volunteer at The Miriam Hospital in Providence, is a member of the Women's Health Advocacy Group, manages the social media account of Fashion @ Brown, and belongs to the Kappa Delta sorority. In her free time, Alex enjoys doing yoga, frequenting cute cafes around Providence and Boston, doing New York Times crossword puzzles, and exploring Brown's campus on foot with a good podcast.