diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Decor

Tips for Sharing Your Rosh Hashanah Table

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

I took a grandeur at this site called, “Peace, Love, Light” and this peaked my interest because since this is the Jewsh New Year of Rosh Hashanah, the tips of setting a table for such a holiday is joyous. 

While in the past I may have wanted to use my lovely china set for the high holidays, let’s face it, the last thing I want to do after preparing, cooking, and cleaning is stay up all night doing the dishes! As many holiday dinners consist of more than just the immediate family, the thought of having to clean all those dishes is exhausting! With this in mind I played around with different ideas for setting the holiday table and I am so excited to share them with you.

First I purchased these white paper plates from Party City. These environmentally friendly (made from sugar cane fiber) plates are strong, durable, and have a clean modern look.

Next I added our Peace Love Light Shana Tova ivory dinner napkins. Each napkin greets your guests with a sweet message., ‘Shana Tova, A Sweet New Year’ in a shiny gold foil, adding a touch of elegance to the holiday table. The napkins are three ply so extremely durable and will hold up even after the ‘holiday spills’. The best part is they can be disposed of after dinner which makes for an easy clean up! I placed the dinner napkins under the salad plate while the cocktail napkins can be used later for dessert.

On each plate I placed our apple foil place cards. These place cards, featured here for Rosh Hashanah are also great for any fall gathering. I like to use place cards at holiday dinners to make seating easier for a large gathering (although it does take a while to figure out who should sit next to who….or more appropriately, who shouldn’t!). Having the place cards ensures that I can sit close to the kitchen, and the kids can sit together, which they always enjoy!

For silverware I incorporated gold premium plastic cutlery, also from Party City. I like the shiny metallic finish and think they work well with our napkins and place cards.

To add a beautiful touch to the table I included our bright star votive candle holders in a rose palette. These are one of my favorite items in the shop, so I use them whenever I can! The votives are so versatile, and the mercury glass finish adds a stylish accent to your room.

To cover the challah I used this beautiful, linen, embroidered Challah cover. I just love the lacy pomegranate design.

For wine glasses, I used the french wine glass from Crate and Barrel which are a favorite of mine.

To finish the table I set some apples and honey on a white serving platter, added gold candlesticks, a linen runner, and a bouquet of flowers. A bouquet in warm fall tones of rust, orange, yellow, and green serve as a nice complement to our settings. The linen runner, purchased at Crate and Barrel, is perfect for the holidays as they have long lengths.

I hope you’ve enjoyed hearing a bit about my holiday table in addition to myself wishing you all a happy, healthy, and sweet New Year!

Shana Tova! 

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.