This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

Want to know more about the famous holiday, Thanksgiving well here it is….

Question: From what year did the tradition of Thanksgiving start?

Answer: In the United States, the modern Thanksgiving holiday tradition is commonly traced to a 1621 celebration at Plymouth in present-day Massachusetts.

Question: Which U.S. President started the tradition of pardoning a live turkey before Thanksgiving?

Answer: It was the first Thanksgiving of President George H.W. Bush, in 1989, that a turkey was officially pardoned for the first time.

Question: In recent years – how many pounds of Turkey do Americans eat at Thanksgiving?

Answer: Some 690 million pounds of turkey were consumed in the U.S. during Thanksgiving in 2007.

Question: The United States and what other country celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday?

Answer: Thanksgiving is celebrated each year on the second Monday of October in Canada.

Question: How big was the world’s largest pumpkin pie?

Answer: The largest pumpkin pie ever baked weighed 2,020 pounds and measured just over 12 feet long. It was baked on October 8th,2005 by the New Bremen Giant Pumpkin Growers in Ohio.

Question: When was the first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade held?

Answer: The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade took place in New York City in 1924 and featured animals from the Central Park Zoo.

Question: What favorite character has appeared in the Thanksgiving Day Parade as a giant ballon more than any other?

Answer: Snoopy

Question: What was the name of the ship the Pilgrims sailed over on?

Answer: The Mayflower

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.