This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

Here are some do’s and dont’s during the holiday, Ramadan!

Dont’s

Don’t Play Loud Music At Any Time,

in your car, on the beach or even at home. You can play music; just make sure it can’t be heard outside your car or home and use headphones on the beach, or even taking a walk outside.

Don’t Smoke, Drink, Chew Gum or Eat In Public

during the hours of sunrise to sunset. This includes while you are driving as well as public places such as malls, cinemas or offices.

Don’t Swear In Public.

Blasphemy is frowned upon at the best of times, but during the Holy Month or Ramadan it’s particularly offensive.

Don’t Wear Revealing or Tight Fitting Clothes in Public,

modesty is key during Ramadan. This includes when you are heading for a night out.

Don’t Dance, Sing or Be Intoxicated In Public.

Pub, bars, and nightclub in Qatar will remain closed during Ramadan.

Do’s 

• Do say “Ramadan Kareem” to your Muslim friends and colleagues.
  • Do smoke, drink and eat in the privacy in your home, hotel room or office.
  • Do avoid driving close to sunset. It can be hazardous during this time as the roads fill with people rushing to break the fast at Iftar celebrations.
  • Do dress conservatively. This law is applicable all year round, but during Ramadan sensitivities are heightened. 
  • Do make reservations for dinner. Most of the cities shopping malls and public places will become hives of activity after sunset lasting until late at night. This also means that restaurants and hotels will be crowded so if you plan to eat out, book ahead.
  • Do give to the poor and help the needy. Ramadan is renown for its charitable nature.
  • Do make the most of the community spirit and sumptuous food to be found in the Iftar tents at the city’s hotels. It’s a great opportunity to relax, play games and experience some traditional Arabic cuisine.

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.