Meet The Team: Manicia Reneus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

Name: Manicia Reneus

Major: Journalism

Position: Staff Writer

What made you want to write for Her Campus?

I just love the fact that I can write about topics that I can relate to. Her Campus is a great outlet for women to come together and do something positive and we need more of that. 

When I went to the launch party for Her Campus I saw nothing but that positive girl power energy and knew I wanted to be a part of it.

Have you writen anywhere else before?

Currently, I am just writing for The Observer, B.C. newspaper.

Do you have a beat? A topic you like to write about?

I like to write human interest stories because those stories help me to understand and learn about other people culture. I don’t have one particular topic that I like to write right now but some of my favorite articles to write so far are articles that I learned things from. In the last issue of the observer, I wrote about an African Descent luncheon and learned so many things about the African culture. 

I learned that the first paper in Africa was called papyrus.

What do you think about Her Campus?

I am so happy that Her Campus is at North Campus, I don’t think that there is any organization like it on campus. It’s a great platform for women of different background to come together and find things in common with each other.

What are some hobbies and interests you have?

I’m a laid back person. I like to go to the movies. I just seen Get Out and I was trying to contain myself in the theatre because I’m the type of person that want to talk back to the screen. I also like to go out to eat. One of my favorite places is the Cheesecake factory. The cheesecakes are so good. I enjoy listening to podcasts and watching YouTube videos.

What are your plans past-B.C.?

After B.C., I want to go to U.F and became a Reporter. One day, I will like to write and produce a show. I have so many things that I want to learn in this industry. I am so excited about the future and doing something that I love.

Ana Cedeno is a journalism major and campus correspondent for Broward College. Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, she immigrated to the United States when she was twelve years old and continued her education in the sunny, politically contradictory, swamp state of Florida. She has since been published by both her college newspaper and the online grassroots journalism publication Rise Miami News. A fan of literature since age 6, she's an enthusiast of language and making her opinion known, while still hearing out the other side and keeping an open mind for growth.