Ludwig Von Beethoven Return to Vienna Analysis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

I got this assignment a few weeks ago to choose one of the poems listed and to give my own analysis on the specific poem. This assignment is for my Creative Writing class. So, I choose this interesting poem called Ludwig Von Beethoven’s Return to Vienna. This right here is the analysis:

This interesting poem is called “Ludwig Von Beethoven’s Return to Vienna”. The poem imagines Beethoven contemplating his deafness as he returns to Vienna . How can music take a person so far out of their crowded thoughts? So, he has been ordered into the countryside to treat his deafness, which technically is only the beginning. In addition to this, he has not told a single soul that he is going deaf. And so, he very much is in real crisis with this eerie spirit. From then on, this village which he lived in and also this poem that he wrote is called Heidegenschtodt(ph). This was sent to his brother, in which he talks about his horrible deafness and the reader can see the gentler side of his nature. Then as he continues to write, he says :Oh you men who think or say that I am malevolent, stubborn, or misanthropic! How greatly do you wrong me?” Anyone who lives near the village described in this poem can be at peace only, if they are worthy. It really was a calm place to be, because even the great and wonderful Danube is no more then a pale ribbon swiftly tossed onto a wide landscape by a gentle yet kind little girl’s careless hand. Going forth into this slow recovery, he had been directly ordered to recover from the deafness. Therefore, he had his luxuries that helped his get better and feel better within life itself. If we go to the mood of the speaker, the punctuation marks are various and yet neither mark predominates. This incredible used very complex lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; example using I, and are repeated in its various ways as so. 

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.