LGTBQA Fun Facts and Figures

• 9 million LGBTQ people live in the U.S.

• 3.8% of the adult population is.

• 1 million children in the U.S. are being raised by same-sex couples.

• 703 couples, of the state with the least gay couples, is North Dakota.

• 92, 138, of the state with the gayest couples in California.

• Some scholars have proposed that the first homosexual couple to be mentioned in history is the ancient Egyptian servants Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum who lived around 2400 B.C.

• The entire species of the dwarf chimpanzee is bisexual! Homosexual behavior has been observed in 1,500 animal species and is most widespread among animals with a complex hard life.

• On June 26th, 2015 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right for same-sex couples to marry in all 50 U.S. states. Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy stated in the majority: “The Court, in this decision, holds same-sex couples may exercise the fundamental right to marry in all states!” ​

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.