Hypnosis Seminar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

Lots of people think for so many eons that hypnosis is a whole bunch of voodoo that comes from such things like; witchcraft, clairvoyants, and other kinds of weird magic. So, yes hypnosis is the induction of a state of consciousness in which a person apparently loses the power of voluntary action and is highly responsive to suggestion or direction. What you have been knowing, is stage hypnosis.

The real hypnosis is actually the use of therapy, typically to recover suppressed memories or to allow modification of behavior by suggestion. Which has, for the most part, been revived but is still controversial. This ladies and gents is what is called “therapeutic hypnosis”. You as the public now know the difference between stage hypnosis and therapeutic hypnosis. The woman who gave such a wonderful presentation goes by the name of, Maria Alvarez. Such an amazing woman and gave such great points about hypnosis. Also, gave such a well-conducted seminar that I will never forget. Everyone who attended was such in amazement that all of them just were speechless. This is what she did that had everyone in such amazement.

Maria played soothing music that had nature sounds in the background, in which was most definitely relaxing and almost like meditation. Maria had the five individuals who participated pretend that while in the forest, hence  the nature sounds in the background, grab a rope and pretend to conquer their fears, lives, and struggles so the participants can feel assured that every day in their lives they can do anything. Because each and every one of them has something special to offer in this world.

Next thing Maria did was put down, the five individuals who participated, their hands down. Just to end the process of hypnosis to have the seminar come to a complete conclusion. I for one enjoyed seeing the seminar towards its ultimate potential and the hypnosis seminar was a complete success! Not just for Maria, not just for the five individuals, but also the audience who got so immersed in the action that every single one will never ever forget as long as they shall live. I for one felt the same, and this is where I leave you…..  

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.
Ana Cedeno is a journalism major and campus correspondent for Broward College. Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, she immigrated to the United States when she was twelve years old and continued her education in the sunny, politically contradictory, swamp state of Florida. She has since been published by both her college newspaper and the online grassroots journalism publication Rise Miami News. A fan of literature since age 6, she's an enthusiast of language and making her opinion known, while still hearing out the other side and keeping an open mind for growth.