mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

The September 11th attacks, or better known as 9/11 aawere a series of planned attacks by Al-Qaeda directed towards the United States. During the morning of September 11th, 2001, 19 Al-Qaeda terrorists hijacked four commercial passenger jet airliners. Two of the four planes had been intentionally crashed into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York, there were no survivors in the crash and many people within the buildings had died. The extensive damage of the two buildings caused them to collapse,l destroying and damaging other nearby structures.

Hijackers had crashed a third plane into the Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, not far from Washington D.C. The fourth plane was to target either the Capitol Building or The Whitehouse, though passengers and the airline crew had attempted to retake control of the plane, and redirected the crash into a field near Shanksville in Rural Pennslyvania. There were no survivors from any of the flights.

Here are the numbers:

• 342 of firefighters died at the scene of the attacks.
  • Blood donations increased weeks after 9/11.
  • 55 of army personnel where killed at the Pentagon.
  • 60 police officers were lost.
  • There were 4 planes, 19 terrorists, and 3 major attacks on the event of 9/11.
  • There were 10,000 unidentified bone/tissue fragements.
  • There were 100,000 of job losses in Manhattan.
  • 411 of emergency units responded.
  • 42% of the victims were identified.
  • There were 2,752 deaths from the World Trade Center attacks.
  • There were 6,000 injuries, and 3,000 deaths, sadly.
  • The actual cost of clean up was $639,300,000,000.
  • The initial estimate for clean up was $2,000,000,000.
I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.