diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Eco Fashion Tips

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

I came across this very useful, yet awesome site which peaked my interest. This could help a ton if people, honestly! So, here are tips of how to be eco friendly, while looking stylish past endless limits.

1.  Do You Need It?: Do you need to buy the item? How often will you wear it? Or will it just sit unworn in your closet?
  2. Research: Learn more about who made your clothes and if the workers are being treated friendly.
  3. Buy Second Hand: Before purchasing brand new, try searching for the item second hand.
  4. Eco-Friendly Fabrics: Choose organic, natural and biodegradable materials over toxic synthetic plastic materials.
  5. Shop Local: Locally produced goods have a lower carbon footprint and strenthens the local economy. 
  6. Choose Quality: Buy well-made items that are built to last over cheap items made for disposability. 
  7. Bring A Reusable Bag: Soy no to extra packaging. Some shops like to wrap items in tissue paper, but this is just wasteful.
  8. Say No To Packaging: Say no to extra packaging. Some shops like to wrap items in tissue paper, but honestly; this is just wasteful.
  9. Wash Less: Much of a garment’s environmental impact occurs after purchase. Don’t dry clean, and wash only when needed.
  10. Make It Last: Treat your items with care so that they will last longer, and you won’t need to shop as regularly. 
I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.