This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

This story is from a friend who has a creative life!

Every year my parents try to trick me for April Fool’s Day. One year they put salt in the sugar bowl. My cereal that morning tasted terrible! One year they put pancake syrup in my shampoo bottle. That was the stickiest shower ever!

This year I was ready for anything! It would be impossible for them to play a trick on me. Last night I made sure my alarm clock was set with the right time before I went to bed. I slept in my school clothes so that they couldn’t hide them. I even put my homework under my pillow so that it wouldn’t disappear. This time I’d out smart them without a doubt!

When Dad woke me up in the morning I got ready right away. I carefully tasted my food to make sure there were no surprises there. Mom handled me my lunch bag and kissed me good bye. They’d finally decided I was too smart to fall for their tricks anymore! I walked to school whistling. When I got to school the doors were locked. After a minute I realized why. It was Saturday! I had to admit, this was the best April Fool’s Day prank ever!

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.