12 Things You Didnt Know About Rabbits

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.

Just in time for Easter! Check out these twelve fun facts about bunnies:

1. The rabbit with the longest ears was an English Lop named Nipper's Geronimo. His ears measured 31 inches long.
  2. Males are called bucks, females are called does, and babies are called kits.
  3. Pet rabbits can live from seven to 10 years or even into their teens.
  4. The European rabbit is the most social rabbit, sometimes forming extensive burrow systems of up to 20 individuals.
  5. In 1997, a rabbit named Mimrelunds Tosen broke the world record for highest jump by a rabbit. The rabbit itself jumped 39.2 inches.
  6. A rabbits teeth never stop growing, but the normal grinding of the upper teeth against the lower teeth keeps them short.
  7. The Pygmy rabbit is the smallest rabbit in North America, measuring only 11 inches in length.
  8. Out of 365 days, no species of rabbit is known to hibernate. Rabbits are active throughout a single year in reality.
  9. With clicker training, you can teach a rabbit to weave through poles and nudge a ball with his nose.
  10. Despite their name, jackrabbits are not actually rabbits, they're hares.
  11. Rabbits are famous for their fertility, and can produce litters of four to eight offspring several times a year.
  12. Actually, a rabbit has three eyelids! The third eyelid, called the nictitating membrane, keeps the eye clean so rabbits are more aware of approaching predators.