Happy Earth Day Everyone!
Here are 10 Facts About Plastic Recycling:
- The first polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle was recycled in 1977.
- Recycling a ton of PET containers saves 7.4 cubic yards of landfill space.
- The energy saved by recycling a single bottle is enough to power a 60 – watt bulb for 6 hours.
- The recycling rate for plastic bottles in the U.S. remains steady at about 27%; the rate is about 80% in Sweden, 70% in Japan and 55% in Brazil.
- It takes 20 sixteen ounce plastic bottles to make a bennu GreenPack.
- In 2006, the average American used 167 disposable water bottles, but only recycled 38.
- Using recycled plastics instead of virgin raw materials to manufacture products saves 70% of the energy by comparison; therefore, using recycled products is one of the simplest ways to flight climate change.
- Over 36 billion PET water bottles are sold in the United States each year.
- In recent years, the number of U.S. plastics recycling businessman has nearly tripled to more than 1,600 businessman.
- An estimated 9,400 curbside collection programs and 10,000 drop – off programs currently collect PET plastic in the U.S.
To learn more about Bennu,visit our website at www.bennuworld.com!
This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.