This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brock U chapter.

Drop everything and read because I am about to put you all on an amazing app called “Canva”

What is Canva? Canva is an app/website that helps you design graphics, posters, power points, or anything that you might need. It is the easiest and convenient app I ever found. It is quick and your end results will always come out looking amazing!

We all have things we need to design! Canva has you covered whether you need a PowerPoint for your economics class or a poster for your university campaign. You have the choice of using a template or starting from scratch with Canva. I used the various suggested templates when I first started using the app. But the more I used this app, the more I let my imagination run wild by making my own.

There are tons of various categories to make a customizable logo or a template, a few of them are as follows:

–        Templates – Recommendations by Canva

–        Uploads – Here you can upload any picture or video you wish to use in your document

–        Photos – In this category, you can find any pictures pertaining to what topic you choose, and you can incorporate this in your design.

–        Elements – this consists of lines, shapes, stickers, and many other elements to help you with the details of your design

–        Text – The text bubble helps you whatever you want and choose from a range of different fonts and text size

Your designs can be simple or more detailed, whatever you feel comfortable with. Once you get the hang of it, you will be killing it in graphic designs. It is easiest to use Canva on your computer, but they also have a great app so you can keep designing on the go on your phone or iPad. The company has lots of tutorials to help you continue to learn!

The best part is you can truly do anything. I have designed my resume, power points and countless posters on Canva. So next time you are in the need of a quick graphic design fix, Canva is your person. This app has changed my life and it is about to change yours as well!

My name is Sharavi Sinha and I am the co-founder and editor in chief for HC Brock U