alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Your Summer 2014 Holiday Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

It’s that time of year. Right now you are torn between I-Can’t-Wait-Take-Me-To-The-Sun-RIGHT-NOW and Oh-Good-God-I’m-Still-Carrying-A-Little-Holiday-Weight-HELP-They-Have-To-See-My-Body. Not to worry, here’s a few ways to ease the holiday anxiety:

1.Try to contain your excitement… Jelly shoes are back! And they even come in handy heel form. Get ready to go splashing in whatever colour you fancy (but we all know the cool kids have the glittery ones). If you’re not heading for the sea then pair them with some cute socks and take to the streets!

Juju Maxi Mega Glitter Slingback Flat Jelly Sandals, £20 at ASOS

NINA Heeled Jelly Sandals in Blue, £24 at TopShop

2. Bypass the bikini blues and get a one piece instead. Setting aside the fact that the bikini is necessary to get that even tan, the swimsuit can offer endless possibilities for looking good while you swim (slash pose by the pool). Always opt for style over substance with this one; they come with a danger of reliving your school swimsuit days… But let’s not talk about that.

For an hourglass figure look no further than the Blue Gingham Swimsuit from Topshop, it will enhance your waist and bust perfectly.

If you’re smaller in the bust, then the ruffles on these two below will work a sneaky illusion trick. You can go floral, or simply let the frill speak for itself.

American Apparel is the place to head if you really want to make a statement. This polo neck has a ballerina feel to it, and features a really sweet bow detail from behind.

3. These disposable cameras from Urban Outfitters are the perfect way to document your holiday – they’re like Instagram, but in real life. 

The pre-printed film overlays images onto all your photos. Take your cat obsession to a whole new level, pop some palm trees on so everyone knows for sure you are on holiday, or finally become the unicorn you’ve always dreamt of. Of course, you don’t actually know what picture you are going to get but that’s all part of the fun!

Ella is one of the two CC's for Her Campus Bristol. She is currently in her final year at the University of Bristol, reading English Literature. Ella loves buffets, art and fashion - she is hoping to make it as the next Anna Wintour. You can follow her on Twitter @ella_wills where she will mostly post mindless attempts at humour.
Camilla is a third year French student at Bristol. She co-founded and was editor of Her Campus Bristol last year. She has lived in Ghana, Sri Lanka, Cyprus, the US and Belgium, and having spent this summer working at Walt Disney World, Florida, she is now excited to be embarking on a year abroad working as a language assistant at HEC Paris. She loves sushi, fireworks and old films.