Witness the Wild: Top Picks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

From September 28 to October 21, Bristol is being taken over by Witness the Wild, a festival celebrating all things to do with the natural world. If you’re one of the unlucky who lost out on tickets to see David Attenborough in conversation at Bristol SU, then fear not – Witness the Wild is bringing a plethora of other events to the city. From pedal-powered film screenings to endangered species street art, there’s a whole host of other things to enjoy. The best part? Most of them are free! Keep scrolling for Her Campus: Bristol’s rundown of the best events on offer at the festival this week.

Screening: Life Story

For your David Attenborough fix, take yourself down to St George’s Park this Sunday to be taken on an adventure through life itself. Following the plight of animals as they strive to survive and reproduce, “Life Story” is a classic Attenborough masterpiece. The screening is outdoors and completely free so wrap up warm and take a picnic dinner with you.

Credit: www.wildscreen.org

Witness The Wild Photography Exhibition

Running the length of the entire festival, the Witness the Wild Exhibition is open 24/7 to any passers by to enjoy. Situated on College Green, the open air exhibition features large scale works by some of the leaders in conservation and sustainability photography, including locally based photographers as well as National Geographic journalists.

Credit: facebook

David Attenborough’s Light on Earth

If you missed out on seeing last week’s David Attenborough double bill at Millennium Square, fear not, Watershed is playing host to a huge array of weekend screenings for reduced prices, including the incredible “Light on Earth”, a brand new documentary exploring one of Earth’s greatest mysteries: Bioluminescence. Definitely not one to be missed.

Credit: BBC

St George’s Park Takeover

Wildscreen’s pedal powered cinema is on tour in Bristol – and its final stop is St George’s Park this weekend. Screenings will include Panda award (the “Green Oscars”) nominated films and an array of the best shorts submitted to the festival this year. Again, this large-scale event is completely free and a great chance to enjoy the very best of Bristol’s eco-conscious entertainment.

Tash is the deputy lifestyle editor of Her Campus Bristol. She is a second year English student hailing from Landan town - Her favourite pastimes include browsing the internet looking for her summer holiday destinations and walking everywhere. She enjoys interior design and thinking about space.
Her Campus magazine