Why you need to stream ‘Dance you outta my head’ right now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

TikTok’s biggest names are all currently dancing to the same song- and it’s for a very important reason. Local artist Cat Janice, whose battle with cancer began in 2022, has signed the rights to her music over to her 7-year-old son after receiving news of her limited time left. Cat’s final song release ‘Dance You Outta My Head‘ has gone viral on TikTok, with fans and strangers boosting her music to benefit her son’s future.

Cat Janice/Instagram

The cool and catchy new song is going crazy on TikTok, with an ever rising number of videos under its sound and chains of comments on each, sending love and publicity to this all important cause. By streaming Cat’s ‘extremely danceable playlist‘ and interacting with her music, the proceeds her son receives will only continue to rise and her legacy will grow amongst a surge of new fans. If the power of social media hasn’t been evident before, the TikTok community is well and truly showcasing it now.

@alixearle

Praying for this mom & her son. Cat Janice came up on my Fyp ln. She has been battling cancer & has signed over the rights of this song to her 7 yr old son. The proceeds will go to his beautiful life! Blow this up tiktok 🫶🏼

♬ Dance You Outta My Head – Cat Janice
Alix Earle/TikTok

So get dancing, listening and sharing – remember it costs nothing to be kind but it can mean everything to someone else.

Check out Cat on Spotify, Instagram and TikTok

Hey, I'm Meg! I'm a Politics and IR student at the University of Bristol, a proud feminist and Co-President of the Bristol Chapter! I'm also an avid writer, eager to step into the field of journalism.