This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

America Ferrera delivered a fantastic and inspiring speech at the Women’s March in Washington DC on January 21st.

More than half a million people took the streets of Washington to protest against recently elected President Donald Trump and his right wing administration.

Whilst women, men and children marched all around the world as an anti-Trump statement, the march in Washington was especially meaningful, as it is of course the home to American politics and the White House.

America Ferrera is our feminist of the week after giving this incredibly moving speech, which emphasised the importance of diversity and support for people of colour, immigrants, LGBTQ communities and other minority groups in light of President Trump’s divisive and hateful rhetoric.

The eloquence and power of her message has resonated with us since we heard it, which is why Her Campus loves America Ferrera!

Abbie is Lifestyle Editor for HC Bristol, currently studying English at the University of Bristol.
Her Campus magazine