This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

One day, as I was scrolling through Facebook, a post on my newsfeed introduced me to Who Cares? – ‘2 friends are attending’, it read. I had never heard of  ‘Who Cares?’, let alone the venue The Crofters Rights. I had a mixture of hope and scepticism for the event as it was unticketed with a capacity of a mere 300 (compare this to Bunker which can hold three times the amount). But, it was a very good friend’s birthday that day and the event page promised DJs I was familiar with such as My Nu Leng who I saw at Bestival. I think the reason why I was so un-fussed about the whole thing was truly down to the fact that it was so understated, and a mere £5. At the same price as a Lizard Loungin’ night or the Eden Fridays that haunted my freshers, I didn’t really think that it would be able to pull off the calibre of music and atmosphere it promised. BUT… a few days running up to the night, a notification appears:’700 attending and only 350 capacity??? You all better get down nice and early tomorrow! xxx’. What?!. I had never heard of Who Cares? but it had gained such momentum! And, I’m telling you now, this momentum was truly deserved.

After a rather splendid pre-drinks provided by the Birthday Girl (thank you very much, Cookie!), we headed down to Stokes Croft at 9:30. Pretty early, but after so much hype, we really didn’t want to miss out. This was proved by the already massive queue of eager clubbers who were ready and raring to go. Once the doors finally opened at 10, it was clear that the small capacity wasn’t an overexaggeration but, I liked it. The bar was small, albeit very expensive with £6 doubles and only Craft Beer on tap, with a bleecher-seating esque chill area. There were some tables and chairs too. Then at the back of the bar was a small doorway onto the dance area. A small stage showcased the DJs whilst platforms at the back and sides made for really fun dancing and great views of the club. The atmosphere was great. It was obvious that everyone there was there to dance to the music they loved and were genuinely interested in.

Side note, I was totally shown up for scoffing at the £5 entry when the line-up for the night ended up being Phaeleh, My Nu Leng, Jus Now, Dismantle and Redlight! All of the Djs were great, delivering a mixture of house tunes. What a bang for your buck! Everyone was crammed in there, with still enough space to dance, sweating like never before. No, trust me. It was an absolute sweatbox, but it definitely added to the atmosphere. It felt intimate and exclusive and just an overall great time. Who Cares? basically offers everything I want from a club: cheap (apart from the drinks – predrink up for this badboy), amazing music and fun atmosphere. You can’t really go wrong. 

I’d highly recommend both the event and the venue. The comments on the event page are just small proof of how good the night was. The likes of ‘Best night in Bristol’ and ‘WOW!’ inundated the page the next morning, and I’d have to agree! Who Cares? is a night not to be missed! 

The next event at the Crofters Rights is the ‘Berlin Takeover’ on Sat 15th November which is a totally free event earnt by tips!!!! http://croftersrights.co.uk/event/berlin-takeover/

Becky is Editor of Fashion Features for Her Campus Bristol. Her favourite designers are Maison Margiela and Faustine Steinmetz! Her favourite articles to write are Budget Blogs and discussions that tackle prejudice in the Fashion Industry. Streetstyle and underground trends are also firm favourites of this Editor. 
Her Campus magazine