Shopping via Unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Shopping via Unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Cam Morin via Unsplash
Style

Wearable Fashion Trends for S/S 20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

It’s here. Your guide to wearable fashion trends for S/S 20.

1. Neon: time to lift your winter blues by injecting a burst of neon into your wardrobes. Neon has transformed from being solely reserved for Stabilo highlighters to the colour palette of high-end couture. Valentino, CDG and Victoria Beckham were all embracing the trend in their catwalk shows. If you’re ready to embrace your inner glow look to & Other Stories for a luminous buttercup yellow skirt or COS if you want a more subtle nod to the trend with this blue hair clip.
  2. Tailoring: if neon isn’t your bag, a new direction for your wardrobe might be to embrace some smart tailoring. Think oversized blazers paired with Bermuda shorts. This creates an alternative for upcoming job and internship interviews if you want to break away from the classic pencil skirt.  Arket is nailing this trend with a whole section dedicated to it on their website. I particularly like the ‘culotte suit’ as the pastel lilac colour softens this androgynous trend. However, if you’re on the lookout for something more traditional, MANGO does a matching trouser suit in a myriad of colours.
  3. Polka dots: although not being anything new, polka dots are now having a moment of their own (see you later stripes). Everyone remembers last summer’s hype around that Zara dress and it seems that this season designers, like Carolina Herrera and Tory Burch have finally caught on. Nobody’s Child’s ‘Spots’ Collection is a good place to look with the Alexa Midi Dress being a great transitional piece.
  4. Broderie Anglaise: This trend has always been a S/S essential. The lightweight and open cutwork make it perfect for beach holidays or the occasional British tropical heatwave. I particularly love WHISTLES’ Augustina Broderie Mini Dress. The fluted cuffs add a feminine touch and the length is highly versatile. Pair with trainers for a more casual look or flatform sandals as the weather gets warmer.  
  5. Leather: with the fashion industry showing increasing adaptability with the employment of vegan leather, thanks to the likes of Nanushka and Stella McCartney, leather is taking centre stage for all the right reasons. If you don’t quite have the budget for Nanushka, H&M’s ‘Imitation Leather’ pieces look like the real deal at a fraction of the price.
Immy Waters

Bristol '21

Studying History of Art at Bristol University
Her Campus magazine