jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Perfect Date Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Every great date needs a great playlist to go along with it. I’ve put together a playlist of ten love songs that you and your special someone can play whilst having dinner, going for a drive, or just hanging out. Enjoy! 

I Live For You – George Harrison

A nice, comforting song with gorgeous guitar and an old-school feel to it. This is a great song to just relax and enjoy over a cup of coffee. 

She’s My Baby – Wings

This could be my favorite song on the list. Wings is the band that Paul McCartney formed after his time in the Beatles. ‘She’s My Baby’ is a love song Paul wrote for his wife, Linda. 

Big Mike’s – Dijon

I’ve been absolutely loving Dijon lately, and this track with its slow, stripped-back guitar is soulful and romantic. Play this one late at night in a candlelit room. 

Secret Life – Bleachers Feat. Lana Del Rey

Our queen Lana makes an appearance on this song about having your own secret, private life with your other half. Listen to this one alongside the sound of rain beating against your window.

Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon

A classic, and so fun. Play this one at full volume in the car with the windows down and the wind in your hair. 

I Wear Glasses – Mating Ritual

Another song that’s great to dance to, especially when wearing glasses. Blast this while skating and holding hands at a roller rink.

Right Down the Line – Gerry Rafferty

From the moment this song was in Euphoria, I’ve been obsessed. The guitar on this is absolutely gorgeous, and it has an old-fashioned romance feel to it. Play this one while cooking dinner and dancing.

Never My Love – The Association

Honestly, I’ll probably have this song played at my wedding; it’s simple but really beautiful and somehow makes me feel like I’m curled up by the fire with someone I love. Can you tell yet that I’m a bit of a sucker for music from the ’60s and ’70s?

Cool With You – Her’s 

This one’s a classic. Listen to this track while laying on your backs in a field, stargazing. 

Just Like Heaven – The Cure

This song makes me feel like my significant other and I are in one of those rom-com movie montages where we’re perhaps shopping in an outdoor market, trying on crazy outfits, or driving through some nice scenery. Perfect for any time, honestly. 

Annie is a sophomore from California State University Long Beach studying abroad at the University of Bristol this year. She is a contributor for Bristol's paper, focusing on culture, entertainment, and fashion. Annie can typically be found thrifting, reading in a cafe, taking pictures, or creating yet another Spotify playlist.