If you’re anything like me, you anticipated having lots of sex during Fresher’s week. I had huge expectations that uni was going to a crazy sex fest, with scandalous adventures happening every night and eligible bachelors approaching me at every turn. Oh, how I was wrong.
I was seriously confused as to why I hadn’t been laid. Was I unattractive? Was Bristol full of rubbish guys? Where was I going wrong? Feeling betrayed and seriously disheartened, I gave up on my quest for a f**k-buddy and continued with daily life; (in fact, I have met some great guys in my time so far at Bristol so all was not lost).
However, if Freshers wasn’t what you expected AT ALL, I have some comforting words for you.
- Concentrate on making friends. Try not to worry about sex.
- If you do have sex, chances are you won’t see them again after Fresher’s week and if you do, it will be extremely awkward.
- You don’t have to get with the first guy/girl you see because it’s what you’re “supposed” to do at uni– you might feel pressure to have sex, but no one else cares!
- DON’T sleep with your flatmate. Even if you think they’re gorgeous.
- If you’re a virgin IT’S OK! It might seem like you’re the only person on Earth who is, but you’re not.
- If you’ve slept with dozens of people IT’S OK! Everyone’s experiences are different and there’s nothing wrong with that.
- Get a vibrator.
If you’re not having as much sex as you would like, don’t stress! There are so many fun things to do at University so make the most of it while you can and don’t sweat the small stuff.
Until next time… xo