burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

RuPaul’s Drag Race’s most sickening fashion queens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

After last week’s Drag Race episode seeing Brooke Lynn Hytes turn out three phenomenal looks and Akeria C. Davenport consistently turning it out on the runway (in my opinion) with some dramatic head turning looks (but not for her because of all of those damn huge headpieces) I want to take a look back at some of the iconic fashion queens drag race has seen over its past 10 seasons in anticipation of this year’s winner.

Raja

Arguably the OG fashion queen of the show, the winner of season 3 was iconic from her entrance into the workroom in that black jumpsuit with plunging neckline, obviously paired with a pink fur piece and a pink hat with an eye appliqued on, ironically covering this legendary queens’ eyes. 

Naomi Smalls

Although she’s been branded as shady (by me) for voting off Manila on season 4 All Stars this queen is undeniably fashion forward with legs to the Gods. With that typically modelesque figure who will ever forget her Sonny and Cher moment on the runway with that boy drag moment of sheer perfection.

Sasha Velour 

The most avant-garde queen to grace the Drag Race stage, Sasha Velour is the fashion queen of all fashion queens surely. With her amazing and gag worthy Instagram depicting photo shoots of couture gowns galore. Who could forget her insane wig reveal full of petals to ‘So Emotional’ by Mariah in the season 9 finale lip sync? One of Drag Race’s most iconic lip sync moments to this day.

Aquaria

Our most recent of the fashionista queens and my gosh did she turn out those runway looks week after week, for me the most consistent queen on the runway and Ru would seem to agree labelling her Evil Twin looks one of the top 10 moments in Drag Race’s fashion hurstory. Aquaria looks back to the 90’s for inspiration for a lot of her looks, who else can pull off a mullet hairstyle? The season 10 winner has modelled consistently for Moschino bringing high fashion and drag culture even closer together. Has she taken not just the Drag Race crown but also the Fashion queen crown from Sasha Velour? I guess we’ll have to see. 

Who’s looking forward to the crowing of this year’s queen? If you agree can I get an Amen?

Erin Lawler

Bristol '19

Fashion Editor at Her Campus Bristol
Sarah Wilson

Bristol '19

Co-President of Her Campus Bristol