This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Us Bristolians are pretty lucky to have several Boston Tea Party (BTP) cafés around the city. Coming to Bristol was the first time I ever encountered BTP and going there has always been a great experience ever since. When it’s peak hours, the café turns into a hub of energy and has a great atmosphere for meeting up with friends. Outside of peak hours, it’s a calm space just to relax in and you’ll often see students spend time here doing work.

Boston Tea Party is literally a place for everyone. Sadly, there are so many cafés and restaurants that just don’t cater for all people. If you’re vegan, dairy intolerant or have problems with gluten, I’m sure you will have had that frustrating moment when looking at a menu that of course has nothing available for you apart from a boring old salad.

Thankfully, this is not the case in BTP. When I first went there, I was only aware of the incredible selection of cakes they had. It’s hard to choose what cake to buy when they all look so delicious too. If you were wondering whether the gluten free and vegan ones (yes – vegan cakes) were as tasty as the normal ones then let me assure you, they are.

Whilst I could rant about those cakes all day, I also want to bring attention to the food menu as well. Keeping consistent with its ‘food for all’ ways, the menu boasts an incredible amount of vegetarian and vegan options, which is not something you see every day. I’ve ordered food from the café several times and I can’t stop being impressed each time I order a new meal. The prices are not extortionate either, and while I like trying out new cafés across Bristol, I find it hard to go more than a week or two without making a spontaneous visit back to Boston Tea Party.

You may be thinking, hang on… there’s nothing here about the coffees or drinks? The thing is, you’ve probably grasped the fact that Boston Tea Party are more than good at pretty much everything. So, along with the food that they offer – the coffee and drinks will definitely not disappoint.

The staff are always lovely, the atmosphere varies but is never sour, and I have no complaints on the food/drinks either. Bristol is lucky to have a gem of a place like Boston Tea Party on its streets. 

Zoe Thompson

Bristol '18

President of Her Campus Bristol.