This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

The bi-annual LFWs are the biggest events in the UK fashion industry, and this September’s showcase of S/S 15 was no exception in creating yet again the most talked about designs around. This year saw a compilation of installations and catwalks ranging from Sophia Webster’s jungle-themed shoe collection which was presented with hints of neon rave, to Tom Ford’s dark and opulent collection which dripped expensive chiffons and jewels balancing evening wear with the sultriness of lingerie.

Topshop Unique was a firm favourite of many bloggers, and not just for its star-studded string of models that flaunted down the runway. Its sportiness had a hint of girliness exuded by frills mixed with sweatshirts, and geometric prints in vibrant colours and feminine shapes.

Burberry similarly aimed to emulate the sporty but flirty girl. Shrunken denim jackets were fitted over masses of tulle, and the trench coat was reworked with abstract designs in both warm and cool colour palettes. Marques’Almeida similarly utilised the denim and tulle juxtaposition in a subtler way, keeping block colours, and raw edges. My personal faves from the Burberry show were the dark green suede cropped jacket and the cool take on the Birkenstock. The use of colour in the Burberry show has to be one of the best of the whole week. The mustard yellows, mixtures of bright and deep blues and red screamed Mediterranean summer in a distinctively British way.  

Denim seemed to the fabric au choix for S/S15 and it was alternatively demonstrated in my LFW favourite: Faustine Stenimetz. If I was to describe the Steinmetz collection in three words, they would be: edgy, minimalist, effortless. Everything was oversized, creating a cool silhouette which seemed to revive the 00s girl. First of all, let’s talk about the styling. Straight out of the shower hair, minimal make up, and huge buffalo-esque trainers instantly showed me that this was going to be the coolest show of the lot. Now, the clothes. Oh, the clothes. Reworked denim created the most amazing textual experience, whilst maintaining a cool, fashion-forward look, that in my opinion would be perfect for street-style girls who like to take risks. Strings of frayed denim, re-designed patchworks and soft spikes created a new take on the much loved two-piece. With a small colour palette, almost always white or bleached blues and pinks, the collection just seems ultimately laidback but still interesting. Cool, new fashion at its best. 

Becky is Editor of Fashion Features for Her Campus Bristol. Her favourite designers are Maison Margiela and Faustine Steinmetz! Her favourite articles to write are Budget Blogs and discussions that tackle prejudice in the Fashion Industry. Streetstyle and underground trends are also firm favourites of this Editor.