Knowing Your Boobs Could Save Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.
Where should I go travelling this summer? Will I get that internship? Rose or white?

All of the above is what CoppaFeel! founder Kris was thinking about when she was diagnosed with breast cancer at 23. It’s not really something you imagine you’ll have to check for or consider when you’re studying at Uni; only old people get that don’t they?

It’s a sad fact that 2 out of every 10 breast cancer cases do occur in women under the age of forty, and because they aren’t expecting it, these women are often those who find themselves with breast cancer when it has already reached stage four. This is what happened to Kris, and that’s why she set up a charity to remind  women of all ages to check their boobs  regularly. By signing up to CoppaFeel!’s simple text reminder service you can receive a free text message once a month, getting you in good habits early and potentially saving your life. With CoppaFeel! there’s really no excuse to forget!

In Bristol, CoppaFeel! has joined forces with the Pink Week organization, hoping to raise even more awareness for the cause of breast cancer! Running from Monday 23rd to Friday 27th we’re working with Bunker on Monday to give  freshers the pinkest night you could dream of! We have also got one of CoppaFeel!’s very own Boobette speakers coming in on Tuesday to give a talk on her fight and struggle with breast cancer as well as a medical talk on the science behind breast cancer. And of course a charity week wouldn’t really be a charity week without a bake sale: pink themed of course. For a complete list of the events we’re involved with for Pink Week please find our facebook page and join our events!

If you don’t have time next week to join in or attend any of our organized events, never fear!  In the spirit of Mean Girls we’re encouraging the campus to GO PINK this Wednesday and not let anyone sit with you if they haven’t gotten into the pink-week spirit!
CoppaFeel! and Pink Week want to spread awareness and help women all over the country struggling with this most common form of cancer. Sign up for our text service by texting UBTBRISTOL to 77050, wear pink on Wednesday 25th and help a great cause and also yourself.

(press release  written by Grace Robertson) 
Becky is Editor of Fashion Features for Her Campus Bristol. Her favourite designers are Maison Margiela and Faustine Steinmetz! Her favourite articles to write are Budget Blogs and discussions that tackle prejudice in the Fashion Industry. Streetstyle and underground trends are also firm favourites of this Editor. 
Her Campus magazine