How Did She Do That?: Victoria Beckham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

It’s official. Culottes are a ‘thing’. As demonstrated by Victoria Beckham at New York Fashion Week, they are a chic alternative to the slightly predictable tailored trouser. Despite it being -7 degrees in New York at the moment, Posh Spice braved the frostbite and bared her ankles in the name of fashion.

Victoria teamed her culottes with a lovely beige cashmere sweater and a blue knitted scarf, creating a casual yet classy look. Mrs Beckham is rarely seen without her killer platforms, and this Alaïa pair is no exception. Overall, the pieces work extremely well together; the unusual trousers add an element of interest to the ensemble, yet the outfit is still effortless and sophisticated.

Culottes are set to be big this season, having appeared on the runways at Derek Lam, Edun, Opening Ceremony, Tommy Hilfiger and of course, Beckham’s own collection. Victoria’s Spring/Summer 2015 designs were showcased on Sunday and received much praise from critics. She described her new collection as ‘sexy, liberating and full of bounce’ and it certainly reflects her own crisp and modern approach to style.

GET THE LOOK:

Culottes: Asos £35

Jumper: Asos £28

Boots: Missguided £40

Abbie is Lifestyle Editor for HC Bristol, currently studying English at the University of Bristol.
Ella is one of the two CC's for Her Campus Bristol. She is currently in her final year at the University of Bristol, reading English Literature. Ella loves buffets, art and fashion - she is hoping to make it as the next Anna Wintour. You can follow her on Twitter @ella_wills where she will mostly post mindless attempts at humour.