This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Love her or hate her, Kim Kardashian is undoubtedly one of the most talked about celebrities of this generation. Whilst the controversy surrounding Kim typically involves her lack of clothes, she is usually impeccably dressed.

Kim’s style has evolved throughout her time in the public eye, most significantly after getting together with rapper Kanye West in 2012, who seems to have been extremely influential in terms of her look. After successfully climbing the high-fashion ladder, Kim and Kanye landed the starring role in the spring/summer 2015 Balmain campaign. Oliver Rousteing, Balmain’s creative director, said of the couple: “Together, they represent love, beauty and diversity – they are the new modernity”.

Here, Kim’s look is minimalistic yet glamorous.

Kim teamed grey skinny ankle grazer jeans from Bleulab with a V-neck jersey t-shirt. These act as a perfect canvas for ‘la pièce de résistance’:  the Balmain leather blazer. The square shoulder pads create a sharp silhouette that is extremely flattering for Kim’s curvaceous figure. A military feel is evoked by the gold hardware, which contrasts with the way that the jacket nips in at the waist slightly, giving the piece a more tailored and feminine twist.

Simple accessories tie the outfit together. Whilst Kim’s Celine sunglasses are great for LA, an umbrella is probably more appropriate for Bristol in February (not so chic, but way more practical!). Nude court heels by Saint Laurent complete the ensemble.

Whether you keep up with the Kardashians like mad, or want to poke your eyes out with a sharp stick every time they pop up on your Facebook news feed, there is one thing that you can’t deny: those girls know how to dress.

GET THE LOOK:

Grey T-Shirt: Topshop £25 

Grey Jeans: Missguided £25

Leather Blazer: Missguided £40

Pointed Courts: Boohoo £22

For more Kim K inspired looks, be sure to check out the FULL Kim Kardashian range at Missguided.com 

Abbie is Lifestyle Editor for HC Bristol, currently studying English at the University of Bristol.
Becky is Editor of Fashion Features for Her Campus Bristol. Her favourite designers are Maison Margiela and Faustine Steinmetz! Her favourite articles to write are Budget Blogs and discussions that tackle prejudice in the Fashion Industry. Streetstyle and underground trends are also firm favourites of this Editor.