‘How Did She Do That?’: Jennifer Lawrence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Jennifer Lawrence looked undoubtedly stunning at the US film premier of ‘The Hunger Games:  Mockingjay  Part 1’, the latest instalment in the incredibly popular series.

The leading lady wore a gorgeous dress by Christian Dior, and whilst she often wears Dior gowns on the red carpet, this one was strikingly different to Jennifer’s usual style. Instead of a traditional floor length slinky number, this was a vintage style piece with a metallic floral pattern.  As the party season approaches, Jennifer’s dress indicates that the metallic trend will remain incredibly popular this Christmas and New Year. The back of the dress adds a modern twist to the look, subtly combining the elements of a classic 1950s cocktail dress with sheer mesh detailing, which has been seen throughout 2014.

Jennifer opted for elegant gold strappy sandals by Aquazurra and a Vita Ferde ear cuff. The heels are perfect as they don’t draw attention away from the eye-catching dress but still tie in well with the rest of the look. The ‘barely-there’ shoe can be extremely flattering, but it does mean full toe exposure which only the brave should attempt on a chilly December night! The 24 year old actress’ statement ear cuff toughens the outfit up slightly, giving the sophisticated dress a more modern edge.

With winter formals, Christmas parties and New Year’s Eve celebrations swiftly approaching, here are some high street alternatives to Jennifer’s ensemble, because let’s be honest, Dior is slightly out of our budget:

GET THE DRESS!

ACCESSORISE!

Abbie is Lifestyle Editor for HC Bristol, currently studying English at the University of Bristol.
Her Campus magazine