This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Your wedding day is one of the most, if not THE most, significant and unforgettable day of your life. And, surely, one of the first things that comes to mind when thinking about this memorable day is what the bride will wear. After all, the dress is without a doubt, the key piece of any bridal look and the most crucial element of the day. 

Even though the importance and meaning of this precious day has remained unchanged over the years, nowadays some couples are looking for ceremonies that are less formal than many traditional weddings, with bohemian weddings in particular becoming more and more. But what exactly is a boho-inspired wedding? These more unconventional ceremonies involve a more relaxed atmosphere, holiday-style location and, most importantly, an emphasis on all things being natural and embedded and enriched by nature. 

Furthermore, these new wedding trends are also all about creating eco-friendlier ways to plan a wedding day-from the election of the venue for the celebration, to the season in which the event will take place. This also involves brides looking for ways to cut back on the expenses for the big day as surely you don’t need to spend enormous amounts to organise a super sophisticated and stylish wedding ceremony?!

Following this tendency, more and more fashion brands are stepping up to create more affordable bridalwear with ASOS and Needle and Thread being exemplars of successful wedding ranges that have recently been introduced online and on the high street. The most recent brand joining this movement is Topshop, which has just announced that it will be launching its first bridal collection in April of this year, creating various designs from bridal and bridesmaid dresses to lingerie and accessories. I can’t wait to see what they come up with!

Click here to stay up to date with the latest details of Topshop’s new collection!

Photo Credit: 1, 2

Her Campus magazine