This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

With FUZE 2017, Bristol’s very own Fashion, Music and Dance show, just around the corner we hope you’ve been breaking out those wavy garms and funkytown moves in anticipation.  

But for those of you who selected the luxury VIP experience as your FUZE ticket option (congratulations you!), Her Campus are giving you an exclusive look into FUZE’s VIP beauty sponsor Minus 417 and some goodies that you’ll receive at the show.

Photo Credit: Minus 417

Founded in 2003, Minus 417 is a hygiene and skincare brand based in Israel, and uses Dead Sea minerals -417 metres below Sea Level (get it now?) to bring natural health and beauty benefits for people, worldwide. Minus 417 hold a strong commitment to quality using natural active ingredients together with moisture-balancing precious and legendary minerals, is free from Parabens and Mineral Oils and are strongly anti-animal cruelty. Their collections range from their humble mud soap to the company’s cult favourites ‘The Beauty Sleeping Serum’ and ‘Catharsis Hair Collection’.

In the collections, Founder Moty Freidman, attempts to emphasise that “your face is your canvas; before makeup and other enhancers, beauty starts with your skincare”. So, as it’s important to have all Fuzers looking tip top for the show this weekend, each VIP guest will receive a full size Minus 417 Micro Luffa Foaming Gel in their goody bags which are included with their ticket. So naturally, when Her Campus heard this, we had to get our hands on one.

After some emailing and speaking to reps at FUZE, Minus 417 were not only kind enough to provide us with one of the Foaming Gel products, but also gifted us with their renowned Vitamin Moisturiser for Normal Skin free of charge (I love my job).   

At first glance the outer packaging of the products itself is elegantly and cleverly made. The packaging is luxurious, sturdy and of really good quality: exactly what you would expect from a high-end beauty company.

I decided to start with the product I’d been hearing so much about from FUZE: the Facial Micro Luffa Foaming Gel.  

Photo Credit: Minus 417

This freebie is no joke. This isn’t a puny, use-once, sample sized pot but a full size, high end quality product. The product description claims that it is “a gentle exfoliating gel based on Dead Sea Water and Luffa beans, which massages the skin while removing impurities and dead skin cells”. This “speeds up the skin’s microcirculation”, providing a deep cleansing and should leave skin feeling “clean and purified”. Sounds good.

So, I went to use this just as I would any facial wash, but immediately the scent of the perfume hit me. This stuff smells so good. Somehow, it’s like a mixture between fresh grapefruit, sandalwood and the sea all at the same time (yes- that is possible I just smelt it). The gel itself is clear with clear beads of which I’m assuming from the product description are the “luffa beans”. I massaged this on to a damp, product free face and was amazed by just how light the product felt on my skin.  It lathers quite quickly (as should all good quality face washes) and with its fresh cooling scent and the slight exfoliation from the microbeads, it really feels like your skin is thanking you for it.  After a while I washed the product off and was pleasantly surprised. My skin looked and felt clearer and more radiant, just like I’d come from a trip to the spa.

This stuff is magical. I will definitely be incorporating this into my skincare routine in the future and can highly recommend giving it a go. Not this one though. This is mine.

Photo Credit: Minus 417

Onto the moisturiser.  Now the branding of this really does scream luxury. Not only the fact that it has a fancy gold lid that I can see my face in, but the fact that it’s a glass jar in a plastic world really makes me happy for some reason (it’s the little things). It also comes with a mini spatula (I’m in heaven) to ensure that bacteria aren’t spread to the product as it would when you apply with your fingers. The moisturiser has a light yet creamy consistency and a barely-there fragrance and sinks into the skin smoothly. It’s not oily or heavy but seems to disappear when placed on the skin, leaving smooth supple skin it its place.

Overall, I used the moisturiser and luffa gel daily for about a two and a half weeks and I can honestly say that these are luxurious, top-quality products. My skin felt cleansed and nourished and I even began to see myself getting less breakouts. But from what I have experienced and found out about -417 is that the products work because the people behind them do. Minus 417’s commitment and refining of natural minerals and ingredients makes it feel like you’re giving your skin exactly what it needs.

So for the lucky few who nabbed FUZE VIP tickets (and those who didn’t- our deepest sympathies at this difficult time) you’re in for a treat, I assure you.

The products themselves can be purchased online on Minus 417’s global store, which I’m going to leave a link to right here http://www.minus417.com/en as I promise you after your post-FUZE high next week you’ll all be rushing to pre-order. I know I will.

Her Campus magazine