Final Year Summer Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

“I can’t believe it’s all over” – words on the lips of on every final year student.

As summer creeps in, for many of us it brings with it the end of our university lives. Even for the lucky ones who are only part way through their courses, it still marks the end of an era. In between the rollercoaster of exam-induced anxiety and the moments of carefree denial, one steady fact seems to be staring us all in the face – there’s still so much left to do!

In the spirit of things, we’ve put together a Bucket-List of ideas for the summer to help you shift those exam-period blues, and tick off some of those university experiences which have so far managed to pass you by without so much as a hello.

1.     Clifton Suspension Bridge – Let’s be honest, if you don’t have a picture of yourself on the Suspension bridge, you’ve wasted your degree. A short walk away brings you to The White Lion which definitely offers the best view of the bridge, and is perfect for afternoon drinks in the warmer weather.

2.     Cabot tower, Brandon hill – just off Park street and offering panoramic views of Bristol.

3.     Primrose Café – Well known for its café and its restaurant, the Primrose is a great place to watch the day go by.

4.     Bristol Zoo Gardens – At only £13.99 for a student ticket, the Zoo gardens are ideal for an afternoon of entertainment.

5.     Cori tap – Famed for its Exhibition cider, the Cori tap is another classic Bristol site, and a must for any Bristol student.

6.     The Arnolfini – Make time for some contemporary art and performance at this international arts centre at the harbourside.

7.     Catch a film at The Watershed – a quirky, independent arthouse cinema on the harbourside.

8.     BBQ on the downs – Make the most of the summer weather and take a BBQ to the downs for a chilled afternoon.

9.  Ashton Court Deer Park – why not cross the bridge and take a walk around Ashton Court’s surrounding deer park.

10.  Spend a day tracking down Banksy wall-art – a great place to begin is Nelson street…

11.  Boston Tea Party – This growing west country chain fits Bristol perfectly. Visit any one of their cafes on Park Street, Whiteladies, or Montpelier for a great coffee and friendly staff.

12.  Bristol Museum and Art Gallery – If you haven’t already, stop in at the Museum. With free entry and a great café it’s the perfect place to take a lunch break.

13.  Get some friends together and go to a pub quiz–  The Landsdown quiz on Wednesdays a great one, and only £1 per team member!

14.  Before you leave Bristol, take the time to explore the huge number of independent shops and markets to be found. St Nicholas Market is a brilliant place to start.

Ella is one of the two CC's for Her Campus Bristol. She is currently in her final year at the University of Bristol, reading English Literature. Ella loves buffets, art and fashion - she is hoping to make it as the next Anna Wintour. You can follow her on Twitter @ella_wills where she will mostly post mindless attempts at humour.