This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

In the spirit of international women’s day, here are some brilliant quality, female-run small businesses that you can support on this special occasion.

@HelloBlackChild – Gabrielle

Hello Black Child, an apparel and accessories brand was launched by Gabrielle to celebrate black culture and urban fashion, centred around self-love and confidence. Not only an accomplished business owner Gabrielle is also a full-time student and content creator on Youtube. Her message to other black women, and girls around the world is “your style, your personality, and your ‘black’ is beautiful.”

@scarletts.clothing – Scarlett Cowell

Scarlett Cowell is a Bristol based clothing designer who started her brand during the first lockdown. With big ambitions and dreams, Scarlett aspires to pursue fashion in the future after her A-levels, which she is currently in her first year of. Everything is handmade, with Scarlett sometimes working 7 hours a-day to fulfil her orders. Her passion for fashion and sustainable, affordable clothing is clear in her drive and commitment to her new, growing brand.

@LacedwithCherry – Yasinia

Laced with Cherry is an internationally shipping US based makeup brand. Launched by Yasinia, the brand focuses on alternative makeup, including eyeshadow palettes, cosmetic glitter, and various other products. Reviews are piling in about the quality of Yasinia’s products, and the recent “Wanted” palette was sold out in days.

@thegemnishop – Tanasia Renee

Tanasia Renee founded The Gemni Shop after realising there was a lack of representation in affordable fashion around her. A Miami based business owner, with a background in female empowerment, Tanasia’s brand provides clothing and accessories with multiple sales and discount codes to ensure accessibility to many customers.

@Malang_Malang – Melly Lym

Melly Lym, an artist/ceramicist based in LA. She was born and raised in Seoul, South Korea and has lived in LA for 8 years. Her stunning ceramic designs are inspired by her Grandmother’s love for plants, that Melly witnessed as she grew up. Alongside her art, Melly is also pursuing a career in teaching.

@Chocolateeha – Wajeeha Husai

Started by Bristol based Wajeeha Husain, after years of experience in marketing in the automotive industry Wajeeha took the leap and followed her passion for food and started her own chocolate business. Each chocolate bar is made from scratch, from nibs. Each batch is prepared carefully and takes 36 hours! Now that is dedication.

@Ag_jewelry_shop – Anglia Poudal

Owned and created by Anglia Poudal, ‘Ag Jewlery’ specialises in personalised, handmade jewellery at affordable prices. Anglia’s inspiration appears to be from nature, as many of her necklaces and earrings feature animals or wildlife. These stunning, quality items are perfect for spring.

@nelzbymeela – Amelia

With eye catching, bright unique designs it is no wonder Bristol based beautician, Amelia’s small custom nail business took off during the first lockdown. The intricate designs will go with any outfit, providing a gorgeous pop of colour. Not only are her nails unique, but they are also extremely affordable – ranging from £7.50 to £14.99!

This article is part of a themed content week celebrating International Women’s Day and women who inspire us.

Studying an undergraduate degree in English literature at Bristol university
Her Campus magazine