Favourite Predictions for Euphoria Season 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Euphoria is the HBO show that has taken the internet by storm. The sixth episode of season two has recently been released and you can guarantee that every Monday in the UK, which many now refer to as ‘Euphoria day’, Twitter and Tik Tok will be full of comments and predictions about the new episode. The show excels in its soundtrack, gorgeous cinematography, and gritty plotline following drug addict Rue and her bubble of friends whose storylines are woven together in each episode. 

After the already dark tone of the show became even heavier in episode five I think the overarching predictions for this season revolve around death. There seems to be an underlying tension building throughout each episode and fans expect a dramatic end to the season. In episode four there was a montage of Rue and her girlfriend Jules mirroring visuals from Brokeback MountainTitanic and Ghost. After the episode many viewers noted that all the films referenced in this sequence featured a dead lover; incidentally who Rue was playing. This foreshadowing begun from season one where at a house party Jules is dressed in an angelic dress whilst Rue is wearing a suit. The imagery is seemingly hinting to the star-crossed lovers in DiCaprio’s Romeo and Juliet. Although Rue has recently gotten clean it seems inevitable that Jules and Rue’s obsessive and arguably toxic relationship will end badly, even in death. Hopefully the love triangle type of dynamic between Rue, Jules and Elliot is a blessing in disguise and that this overarching theme of death is actually symbolic and will result in the end of the destructive relationships which harm Rue’s chances at staying clean.

Another relationship in the show, the slow burning fan favourite, is that between drug dealer Fez, and sweet and observant Lexi. We’ve only had three ‘Fexi’ scenes throughout this season and its building to be a very soft romance. However, most of Fez’s scenes in season two have been dealing with the fallout of his little brother Ash Tray murdering a powerful drug lord called Mouse. With Rue being indebted to Laurie after taking a suitcase of drugs to sell from her, it seems likely that Fez will be the character to take responsibility for both Ash and Rue. If it comes down to it, I think he would put his life on the line for his family and he may end up having to. 

Cassie and Nate’s relationship has undoubtably been one of the messier aspects of the season, and fans think that Cassie is just a vessel for Nate’s actual fantasies about Jules. In season one Jules and Nate had a strange online relationship, with Nate anonymously flirting with Jules to blackmail her into keeping the sexual encounter she had with Nate’s dad a secret. There’s a possibility that Nate and Jules will end up together, they both seem intertwined from their unexpected romance in season one but unless something or someone puts Cassie back into her right state of mind it seems unlikely that the pair will break up anytime soon. Cassie’s obsession with Nate has ruined her friendships- specifically with Maddy, and her mental health. If they do rekindle their friendship it will take Maddy being a much bigger person than Cassie, after dealing with this intense betrayal from two of the most significant people in her life. Hopefully the rest of the season gives Maddy some time to heal from this traumatic plot-line and, like Rue, start to move on from damaging relationships. 

Toni Baynes

Bristol '24

Toni is a first year studying English here at Bristol. When she's not kept busy with reading for her course she loves to spend time with friends, exploring the city, baking and going on walks- probably listening to Taylor Swift.