This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Have you ever got home at 3am after a night at Bunker and thought the last thing you want to do is spend ten minutes on a thorough skincare routine? Let’s be honest, we’ve all been there. We’ve all thought, “I can skip cleansing my face every now and then,” or even worse, “I’ll leave my makeup on overnight just this once.” But the truth is, that’s one of the worst things you can do for your skin. As students, we tend to give our skin a really hard time; from countless pints at the Highbury Vaults to a diet of Jason Donervan chips and Dominos pizza, not to mention the inevitable university stress; your skin doesn’t have a fighting chance! That is, it shouldn’t have a fighting chance. Enter micellar water: the latest trend on the skincare scene. 

This cleansing water acts as a makeup remover, cleanser and toner all in one magical bottle. Built up of molecules called micelles, it is strong enough to remove all makeup, yet mild enough to cause no skin irritation. That means that all you need to do is soak a cotton pad in the water and wipe it across your face (no need for rinsing!). Models such as Coco Rocha and Karlie Kloss supposedly swear by it, and if it’s good enough for the likes of Coco and Karlie, it’s good enough for me! Micellar water has certainly taken the beauty world by storm, with almost every skincare brand now producing its very own take on the stuff. For all you students scrimping and saving out there, I’d personally recommend Simple’s Kind to Skin Micellar Cleansing Water, available in most pharmacies for a mere £4.49 for a 200ml bottle (and currently on sale for just £2.19 in Superdrug if you snap it up quickly enough!). So, what are you waiting for? Wash your hands of your entire skincare routine and take the plunge! 

Photo credit: pinterest.com

Danni is the Beauty Editor of Her Campus Bristol. She is a third year English student hoping to have a career in the fashion and beauty industry. Never seen without winged eyeliner, avid Vogue collector.
Her Campus magazine