Campus Cutie: Laurence Kedward

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Laurence is a Second Year Aerospace Engineering Student with a wonderfully subtle (but powerful) sense of humour. I have often admired his no-nonsense approach to peer pressure, his good natured attitude, and his sense of individuality; in a world of ‘lads’, this boy retains his integrity and follows his heart. As a wonderful friend and a very capable student, it seemed only natural for us to include him as our latest Campus Cutie!

Describe yourself in three words

Cool, calm and collected.

What are your interests, what do you like to do in your free time?

I like to go swimming regularly to clear my mind and keep fit. I also go rock climbing now and then as a exciting physical challenge. In my free time I enjoy reading, though after a day of lectures I usually end up watching TV.

Where would you like to be in 5 years time?

Bristol is a great city and I think I’d like to work here, for one of the major aerospace companies, in a job that I enjoy and find interesting.

What three things would you take to a desert island?

I’d bring a [large] notebook and pencil to write in, and, as an engineer, I have to be practical and say a water desalinator as my third item.

What are you most attracted to in a woman?

A bright and cheerful personality and a cute smile to go with it.

Who is your celebrity crush?

It’s almost cliché for guys to say, but I think Emma Watson is quite attractive.

Do you have any hidden talents?

I can play the piano and violin, however I wouldn’t consider myself particularly gifted musically.

If you could have a drink with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?

I think it’d be really interesting to have a conversation with Ada Lovelace; she isn’t exactly a common name, however as a mathematician in the nineteenth century she pioneered computer programming– which is quite amazing considering how we now live in the twenty first century.

Are there any powerful women you really admire?

I find the achievements and acumen of Angela Merkel quite impressive as someone of considerable power and responsibility in the modern world. I don’t really understand politics that well, but I think Angela Merkel is one the few leaders with genuinely good beliefs and intentions.

Finally, do you have any exciting plans for the summer?

I’m really looking forward to our family holiday this year to France when I can just chill out!

Rashina

Bristol

Rashina Gajjar is a student, writer, and editor-in-chief of Globe Of Love, a website she founded in 2014. She speaks three and a half languages (English, French, Spanish, and a dash of Italian) and is extremely fond of travelling and learning new things. In her spare time, she enjoys running, socialising, inventing semi-healthy desserts, and writing about self-imrovement and empowerment. If you would like to connect with her, she can be reached at the following addresses: Linkedin: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/rashinagajjarInstagram: https://instagram.com/rashinagajjar/Her website: www.globeoflove.com