8 Perfect Pop Culture Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Eleven 

(Photo Credit: Vogue)

We’ve all watched Stranger Things and we all LOVE it! Turn your look ‘upside-down’ (pardon the pun) and dress as Eleven this Halloween! A super easy costume for such a great character- all you need is a hospital gown- and if your feeling really brave/ fancy a new look, go all out and shave your head! If not you can always whack on a pink wig and be Eleven incognito style…

Donald Trump

(Photo Credit: RawStory)

So this costume is all about attitude as well as looks… think arrogant, hedonistic and sexist. Ok, don’t do that as you may ruin someone’s Halloween. Instead, whack on some bright orange fake tan, a suit and a pout and you can be Donald Trump, only with a decent personality.

Maddie Ziegler

(Photo Credit: New York Post)

Channel Yeezy vibes in nude and dress as Maddie in SIA’s music videos. Make sure you get a bright white wig to complete the look, practice your moves and people may end up mistaking you for the Dance Mom’s star on the dance floor.

Arthur 

(Photo Credit: Tumblr)

If your feeling like a majorly funny throwback, grab a yellow jumper, some mom jeans and put your hair in to space buns… No you’re not Miley Cyrus- you’re Arthur. Clench your fist all night for a hilarious meme effect.

Pokemon Squad

(Photo Credit: Screenrant)

Even if you think it’s the stupidest game in the world or the best game ever created, I’m sure you’ve all played Pokemon at least once. Get a gang together and go as a whole squad of Pokemon characters: Pikachu, Gengar, Jigglypuff, Bulbasaur. Catch them all!

Orange is the New Black

(Photo Credit: Good Housekeeping)

Orange jumpsuit. Check. Black sliders. Check Badass attitude. Double check. 

Snapchat Dog Filter 

(Photo Credit: InStyle)

In a proper celebration of pop culture, the Snapchat dog filter is perfect for a low budget Halloween costume, all you need is some face paint, a pair of ears and some fleeky make-up skills. Be selfie ready all night; you can even go one step further and try the new Halloween dog filter for an extra scary effect.

Daenerys Targaryen

(Photo Credit: TheGloss)

An epitome of female power, the Mother of Dragons is a perfect costume for those wanting to go all out this Halloween. A long flowing bleach white wig, and some warrior gear will do the trick and if worse comes to worst and you have no Game of Thrones fans in your midst, you can always pass as a post apocalyptic Elsa from Frozen. 

Her Campus magazine