This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.
See a film at watershed cinema

A Bristol classic, Watershed on Harbourside boasts the best of cultural cinema, with creative, comedic, and technically brilliant films to suit everyone. The best? It’s only £5 for students!

Top of our list is ‘The Tragedy of Macbeth’, a modern retelling of the classic story. Or, if thrillers are more your style, there’s the French-language ‘Titane’ about a killer on the run. The promise of something tasty at the café afterwards doesn’t hurt either…

spend a winter’s morning at ashton court estate

While the weather cannot be guaranteed, there’s nothing quite like a chilly walk in nature to make you grateful for a cosy hot chocolate on the sofa! Hop on the 505 from Jacobs Wells Road for a quick bus ride to get you right in the heart of the gorgeous Ashton Court Estate.

support local theatre in bristol

Offbeat comedy? Feminist retellings? Cabaret shows? The Wardrobe Theatre has it all; I was particularly impressed by their fully improvised ‘Closer Each Day’, a soap opera with new standalone episodes each performance. The cast is amazing and the tickets are only £10! (cheaper than a cocktail at some places…)

give something back

While treating yourself is always nice, it is so rewarding to help others. Paying kindness forward will never be out of fashion. Consider helping at a local food bank such as Food Cycle Bristol or finding a regular commitment through the Student Union’s charity work.

unleash your inner artist

Life drawing classes have exploded in popularity in recent years- and for good reason. What better way to nourish your creative side in a welcoming and body-positive atmosphere which celebrates our uniqueness? Arnolfini on Harbourside offers weekly workshops from January to May, so plenty of time to get involved!

This article is part of a themed week to commence the term at UOB Her Campus, focused on all things fresh, new and inspiring to kick off 2022.

Second year French and German student at the University of Bristol. Passionate about history, literature and feminism!