This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Lockdown is finally over (I know, it felt never-ending!) and places are starting to open. Whether you live in Bristol or are just visiting, and whether you’re more of an adventurer or prefer to sit down and relax, this city offers a wide range of activities that cater to everyone.

Here are some of the things to do if you’re bored on a warm, summer evening:

1. Cycling trip

black bicycle parked beside brick wall
Med Badr Chemmaoui/Unsplash

Despite its hills, Bristol is one of Europe’s most bike-friendly cities! There are many cycle routes around Bristol, or you can even cycle to Bath or Portishead! And for those less experienced, even cycling to the Clifton Suspension Bridge could be a nice way of exploring Clifton Village! Don’t worry if you don’t own a bike there are many bike hiring places, such as Bristol Tandem Hire or Cycle the City.

1. Golf Court

Who said you need to know how to play golf? Even if you’re horrible at it, you can still spend a nice evening with friends in Ashton Court Golf Park (and you can take pictures and pretend you’re an expert for instagram ;) )

1. Picnics in different areas
https://unsplash.com/photos/cuPvAbvVPPc

One thing Bristol is known for is its green spaces. Now that it’s starting to get warm, grab your favourite drinks and snacks and lay down your picnic blanket in any of the parks that Bristol offers: Castle Park for a more urban vibe, Brandon Hill for those nature-lovers, or The Clifton Downs for a more student experience!

1. Pub Crawl

beer cheers happy hour
Photo by ELEVATE from Pexels

Now that pubs are open nothing sounds better than a cold, refreshing pint. The Harbourside is filled with pubs and restaurants, so going on from pub to pub trying out different cocktails may help you find your new favourite drinking spot in Bristol.

1. Banksy art tour

It may sound very tourist-y, but it’s a must. What is Bristol’s art scene without Banksy? There are multiple guided tours that take you around all of Banksy’s most popular artworks, but it is also very easy to organize it yourself (and that way you can select which ones you’re most interested in)

Now go out and make the most out of life without (too many) restrictions!

2 Year Psychology student at the Univeristy of Bristol