5 Days, 5 Burgers, 5 Guys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.
As any of you who have ventured to Cabot this year may have noticed the infamous burger chain, Five Guys, has come to Bristol. The home of many a brilliant burger, I felt like a kid being told Santa would be coming every day this year-until I realized Bristol has many a fantastic burger place far closer to home for us students. With this in mind, I took it upon myself to explore Bristol’s local talent with… Bristol’s local talent. 5 burgers in 5 days with 5 different guys, here are the results:Monday: Byron burgerThe newest addition to many burger joints on the triangle, I was dubious as to whether it could ever live up to the hype. Whilst the milkshakes are not to be missed, and probably the best hangover cure since the invention of paracetamol, its burgers left me feeling somewhat, well, burgled.Beef: 6/10Buns: 8/10Bits n’ bobs: 7/10Price: £15‘Nothing special from Byron, but I won’t be needing a shoulder to cry on’

Tuesday: The Burger JointFamous to students all over Bristol, I have even heard this burger described by someone as the best burger they had ever eaten. With such a big claim to its name I of course had to give one a try. Loving the ticklist menu to personalize your burger, …Beef: 8/10Buns: 8/10Bits n’ bobs: 9/10Price: £8‘I could find no beef with that burger.’

Wednesday: The White BearRight round the back of uni on St. Michael’s Hill, this pub provides the perfect refuge from the monotony of hours spent in the ASS. Even better, Wednesday is the day of their £5 burger deal – a bargain to please even the stingiest of students. A bit on the small side, (but for day 3 my burger belly was pretty happy about this), but for £5 they are truly delish and provide a good bit of protein before Wednesday afternoon sports.Beef: 8/10Buns: 6/10Bits n’ bobs: 4/10Price: £5‘A solid but simple morsel. Enjoyed but not remembered’

Thursday: YoYo BurgerAs any second year will know a Thursday is not complete without a cheeky evening jaunt to the magical paradise that is Pam Pams. Having not been able to face a burger during the day, I found myself in a bit of a pickle (awful I know). Scouting the best Pams has to offer I grabbed a suitable gentleman and off to yoyo burger we went. Well and truly pam slammed, I can’t remember much about how it tasted, but I’m pretty sure that in the moment it was the best I’ve ever had… Beef: 10/10Buns: 10/10Bits n’bobs: 10/10Price: £7Friday: Atomic BurgerWith the weekend rolling around and my stomach feeling a bit bu(r)ggered, Atomic Burger seemed like mission impossible. A bacon milkshake (trust me its liquid paradise) later, I was ready to go. Funny menu and so much choice, these burgers were as super as the superheros they were named after… the chocolate fondues for dessert are a cheeky end to the evening too.Beef: 8/10Buns: 7/10Bits n’ bobs: 10/10Price: £10‘the food was great. Shame about the date’

There you have it. The best beef Bristol has to offer. Maybe time for a break before we head to 5 Guys…