free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

4 Non Time-Consuming Jobs to Have at Uni

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Forget retail and bar jobs. There are plenty of great jobs out there for students that don’t need to take up all of your free time!

As the cost-of-living increases, more and more of us are looking for a way to supplement our student loans, which often barely cover the cost of rent.

But entering the competitive world of the part-time job hunt can be super daunting, especially when you’re balancing a full-time degree, social life, and deadlines! If you don’t have time for a part time job, here are some non-time consuming part-time jobs you could work alongside your degree…

1. Tutor
If you’re looking for a job that you can fit around your schedule, tutoring could be a great! Companies like MyTutor and TutorHouse allow you to work remotely, and during hours that suit you – all you need is a laptop and WiFi! If you like a subject and were always good at it, use your skills to boost your CV – whilst making £11.50-£30/hour with no experience needed!

Can you speak a language? Even better! Language tutors can make up to £50 an hour with with Superprof. It can even opens doors for you to teach languages abroad in the summer.

2. Brand Ambassador 
Are you a member of a society? Maybe you just have a lot of friends? Why not become a Brand Ambassador! Brand Ambassadors are students that represent brands on campus and online, utilising their university networks to promote brands to students.

Companies like Raptor and Campus Group connect students to different brands including Hello Fresh, Redbull, and Soundcloud. Gain marketing skills, host events and get freebies all whilst getting paid!

3. Temporary Work
Possibly the most flexible type of student work is temporary working. Sign up to apps like IndeedFlex and Limber for flexible shifts, when you want them! Whether you have experience pot washing, waitressing or as a receptionist – these apps generally require little to no experience, just an eagerness to work.

4. Student Ambassadors
Unlike a Brand Ambassador, a Student Ambassador works for their own university, typically at open days, on-campus tours, or creating digital content.

The purpose of a Student Ambassador is to talk to new, prospective students about your university experiences, whether that be related to your course or social experiences! Keen an eye on your university’s careers service or job board, particularly around the summer months for these opportunities for occasional, one off work that won’t affect your studies.

This list is by no means exhaustive, so please do your own research, utilise your networks, sign up to job boards, or drop your CV into local coffee shops and bars!

MA Anthropology Student Writing about all things entertainment, whilst also trying my hand at music and lifestyle.