This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brighton chapter.

As the leaves turn amber and mustard yellow, the daylight draws shorter, and the evenings become cosier, what’s better than discovering a new go-to makeup bag, and creating that glow we miss from summer on our own beautiful selves.

I have asked a few of my gorgeous friends for their favourite, staple products at the moment, and how they incorporate them to create their flawless looks.
(Fyi, you can definitely trust these girls opinions, as they all look breathtaking every day!)

First of all, we have a fellow Swiftie, and my blonde babe, Holly <3

What are your favourite makeup products, this autumn?

“My all-year-round staples have to be the Maybelline Lash Sensational, Sky High in Cosmic Black, because I have blonde eyelashes and its super duper dark. The Collection, Fast Stroke Eyeliner, as it never fails me, and is only £3. Also the NYX XXL Lingerie Lipstick in Low Cut, as it is the perfect maroon for autumn”

I also just want to add, Holly always has her cat eye liner on point, and who doesn’t love a bargain!

Next up is my funniest friend Abi, who is always shining, whatever the weather <3

Have you found any makeup products recently that have become staples in your routine?

“I like the Studio London Flaunt Flawless Foundation, it’s super lightweight and glowy, and it lasts a long time. I also enjoy the classic Benefit 24 Hour Brow Gel, cause it holds my thick brows in place ALL DAY, its super good! The Refy Bronzers are good and I find they work better in winter months, because they are so pigmented. Recently I have been liking the Fenty Beauty Heat Lipgloss in Fussy Heat cause its a gorgeous pink and gives the lips a good plump!”

Abi’s skin is constantly looking like glass, so I highly recommend listening to her foundation and bronzer suggestions here.

So after all these wonderful recommendations, what would I say could create the perfect makeup bag for this autumn?

In terms of skin, we all know how unpredictable the British weather can be. You can wakeup with glorious sunshine, for you to step outside and become absolutely drenched in the rain. Therefore, us makeup girlies must always be prepared wherever the weather! Literally.
In these circumstances I like to stick to a glowy foundation, like Abi’s suggestion of the Flaunt Flawless by Studio London, and top this off with a transparent, matte powder. (Which btw, I am always carrying with me, so I can hide those raindrop marks!)

So our skin can still glow, but also appear smooth and absolutely unaffected by the brutal wind.

Now, let’s face the sad truth, we are not usually as tanned as we’d like to be at this time of year. Maybe your summer tan has faded, and we are looking a little paler than before. But that is okay! Find yourself a bronzer, and bronze to the gods, blend, blend and blend until we look like we have just stepped off a plane from Rhodes, (I wish.) My favourite is the SOSU Cream Contour Stick and then a matte, powder bronze to finish off.

I also like to add a tiny bit of the DrPAWPAW Utimate Red Balm as a cream blush, to get a bit of warmth back into my face and lift those cheekbones!

For eyes, I keep it simple in the Autumn, as I don’t want any mascara tears staining my face, caused by the breeze…
Personally, I go without mascara, but if you want to have those curly lashes, to widen your eyes, (maybe you had a late night bingeing Gilmore Girls) then I highly recommend a waterproof one, fight against those wind tears!

I always finish with a darker lipliner in Autumn, to fit those darker days, and a hack I have found, is if you use a red pigmented lipgloss against a dark liner, it will create the illusion of fuller lips. My favourites are the NYX Matte Lip Liner in sandstorm or free-spirit, and the Clarins Lip Comfort Oil in 03 Cherry, not only is this a beautiful clear red, but also a succulent oil which feels divine on the lips.

I feel like the girls and I have recommended some beauties, but I thought I’d add the rest in a screenshot I had from my instagram question, so if you ever feel the urge to purchase anything, you can come here and experiment away! Like your own personal, tested, shop.

poppy williams

Brighton '26

Hey! I am 20 years old and currently studying Fashion Communications with Business Studies at Brighton University. I take interests in fashion, dancing, music and writing pieces using my experiences to help others. I think connection and community is vital to living a happy, full life, and I believe that writing and creating a community like this one is so necessary to stay 'in the loop' and to feel part of something. Throughout my writing pieces I will produce poetry, give advice, fashion reviews and more. I hope you enjoy <3