This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brighton chapter.

From runway collections to social media trends and in store campaigns, fashion is constantly coming in and out of season and via some research, here is what I think is on the horizon for this 2023 Spring season.

Who remembers the 2019 use of lace? Well its making a come back in a slightly different way this Spring. Versace, JW Anderson and more, are making a way for lingerie, corsetry and a sort of ‘bedroom chic’ this year, as we see models shamelessly rocking sheer evening dresses, corseted up with boudoir and luxurious underpinnings. If you’re feeling confident and want to show off your beautiful body, why not give it a go!

Another maybe, controversial prediction for this spring, is the metallic, body harnesses jewelled and decorated. These breastplates, belts and chains add a pop of fight club into a soft look, exploring the use femininity we love to contrast.

Similar, rainbow reflected hues and silver are on the up this spring, why not add a pop of cool girl into your look and jump on the silver hype. Maybe you’re not looking for a completely stand-out appearance, so perhaps add a silver lined handbag, a silver trimmed dress or maybe a tank top reflected silver. I for one, will definitely be jumping on this silver hype this year.

On the other end of this super fresh fashion prediction are the low waisted, denim jeans and skirts. Now, this y2k, 2000s inspired style, has been around for a while now, and if you haven’t heard, then where have you been! Get your best belly chain out and lower those waistlines to hip level, as low-waisted denim is taking over. I think when worn, this is one of the most empowering and sexy outfit choices, release the lower pouch, free yourself and breathe. It’s normal, none of us are the same, don’t try to recreate a 90s supermodels idea of this look, make it your own and own it! If you’re not comfortable, don’t stress, maybe try a denim dress, a high waisted midi-skirt?

Now, I know British weather is extremely unpredictable and we can never truly know whether this spring will bring us unbearable heat, sunny and dry weather, or torrential rain and snow… But, if we are blessed, this is the perfect vibe for the in-between, warm weather we may receive.

Long, maxi and midi dresses, made out of chiffon, jersey and draped to the floor, create the most magnificent silhouettes, caressing our shapes in the most flattering of ways. Old Hollywood glam inspired, this seductive but concealing outfit choice promotes such a breathtaking, divine look. Paired with a heel, a wedged sandal or maybe even a boot, layered with a cropped jacket, leather, denim, you can go wherever you want with this one piece wonders.

Ballet core, a recently popularised trend, seen recently in Simone Rocha fall-winter collection and Miu Miu fall-winter collection. This aesthetic has been circulating the media, and brands in the previous and current seasons, growing fast. Tulle, chiffon and fitted garments as well as accessories like leg warmers, have taken over this aesthetic, with whites, creams and baby pinks leading the way.

Whichever way you decide to go, whatever trend you decide to follow and be part of, be bold and be fully yourself. Authenticity really shows through, and who knows, you may be the start of a new up-coming trend… Be creative, and don’t forget to share with the world you awesome choices.

Stay fashionable!

poppy williams

Brighton '26

Hey! I am 20 years old and currently studying Fashion Communications with Business Studies at Brighton University. I take interests in fashion, dancing, music and writing pieces using my experiences to help others. I think connection and community is vital to living a happy, full life, and I believe that writing and creating a community like this one is so necessary to stay 'in the loop' and to feel part of something. Throughout my writing pieces I will produce poetry, give advice, fashion reviews and more. I hope you enjoy <3