This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

I enjoy being constantly told that the reason the WiFi doesn’t work is due to the fact that there are too many students on it at one time. Doesn’t that mean you should upgrade your equipment? It’s an issue when students constantly have to ask for extra time because the WiFi is acting up. It becomes an even bigger issue when teachers can’t take attendance or even put in grades.

For the last two weeks, I’ve been having issues with my school’s wifi and even the Ethernet cables, and when that goes out, what else is there left to do? The students at my school had an answer. Most of us decided that our phones as hotspots worked a lot better than what the school provides so now every day when we open our laptops, you can see a list of phones acting as hotspots. It’s as funny as it is sad.

Our tuition should be enough to provide decent WiFi without having to resort to such a method just to get assignments done. We shouldn’t have to walk to the closest library or drive to a Starbucks every time we want to work on an assignment or even just goof off online.

Horrible WiFi does not make for happy students and getting the same response every time you send in a help desk ticket doe not help with the stress. The solution of turning the WiFi off and back on doesn’t always work thank you! So to my school I say get better WiFi and maybe you won’t get so many complaints from teachers and students alike.

Junior, Mass Communication major with a concentration in Entertainment Management. Campus Corespondent and Campus Trendsetter for HC Brenau.