Songs you should Listen to if You just want to be in your Feelings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

Sometimes, you just want to cry for no reason, but you don’t have any motivation to do so. These songs will put you in the mood to cry whether they’re happy tears to sad tears. 

1. Sleepyhead x The Burns Twins

The Burns Twins, a Chicago producing duo, along with their vocal collaborator, Kaina Castillo, sing an ode to someone who is unknown in this song. The lyrics will make you feel like you’re chasing someone that is unattainable, and that will definitely make you cry. Kaina Castillo’s raspy voice along with the genius of the trumpets and percussion from the Burns Twins will definitely have you heavy hearted. 

2. Girlfriend x NAO

NAO’s soft, high pitched voice with her should that mirrors Whitney Houston will trigger immediate eye-waters. Her entire album is a tear-jerker, but Girlfriend is basically a question that you need an answer to. 

3. Losing x H.E.R. 

H.E.R. has an anonymous swag. No one has ever seen her face. But her voice gives us a hint of what kind of beauty she wants to give us. Losing is a ballad about no longer sticking around when someone doesn’t want to be wanted.

All of these songs will make you cry, but guarantee you’ll listen to them over and over again. 

My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!