Our First-Ever Campus Celebrity: Meet Janai!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

Janai Bennett can almost always be spotted with a smile on her face, laughing hysterically and enjoying the simple things in life. Her main goal is for everyone to feel welcome at Brenau, and she works to achieve this goal by getting very involved in campus life. She’s a member of a sorority and two honors societies, and it’s only her sophomore year! Read more about Bennett and you’ll get to love her just as much as we do!

Name: Janai Bennett

Hometown: Douglasville, Ga.

Birthday: October 31

Class year:  sophomore (’18)

Major: psychology

Janai pictured with her Zeta Tau Alpha sisters. Some members are blurred out of this picture due to their participation in Brenau’s Rho Gamma program.

What organizations are you a part of, and why they are so important to you?

“Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity; the greatest thing I’ve ever been a part of. The bond between my sisters and me is unimaginable. Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, the freshmen honor society. It is important to me because I made the grades during my first year to be in this honor society. Psi Chi Honor Society, the psychology honors society. It’s important to me because I am a psychology major, and this a great honor society to be a part of. Black Student Association; I believe that in today’s climate, it’s important to give back to society in a positive way by focusing on the group that I belong to and then extending to all other groups.”

What is something that makes you stand out on campus?

“I am friendly and very talkative. Most of the time, you can hear me laughing before you even see my face.”

What do you like to do in your spare time?

“I like to watch Netflix and Hulu, play volleyball, shop (for bags specifically), take naps and eat hibachi.”

What are you passionate about?

“I’m passionate about my family: my biological family, my sorority sisters and the friends that I consider my sisters.”

What do you want to do with your major and why?

“I want to actually work inside the prison as a psychologist and figure out why they did what they did.”

Anything out of the ordinary, or unique, or different you would like to tell our readers?

I read a lot of books in 8th grade. I read 164 books.”

Do you like being a part of an all-women’s college?

I actually enjoy it. It was different at first, but I really love where I am now.”

What fun things do you do at Brenau?

My friends and I have adopted Moe’s Monday as a tradition. I attend multiple sporting events, with volleyball being my favorite. I really enjoy just being with my friends; that’s what makes being at Brenau fun.”

What would you like our audience to know about you?

“I would like the audience to know that I am the most honest and open-minded person you would probably meet. Not to mention friendly!”