Must-Haves From Damsel in Defense

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

As part of our No Means No Week, Christy Dove from Damsel in Defense offered us her time to show Damsel’s line of self-defense tools and carry out Damsel’s motto: equip, empower, educate. In addition to tools that are equal parts sassy and high-quality, a portion of your purchase will go towards several of Damsel’s charities that help and advocate for victims of sex trafficking and sexual assault.

5. Hard Shelly wallet– Made of heavy-duty plastic and aluminum, this sturdy wallet protects against radio frequency identification keeping you and your person information safe. It has 12 pockets for all your cards.

4. Junk in the Trunk Road Emergency Kit- Never be caught unprepared again. This kit includes all the things you need in case of auto emergency:  jumper cables, waterproof matches, flashlight, compass, flashlight, and a snow/ice scraper just to name a few things. Being prepared reduces the need for a potentially dangerous interaction.

3. Step Off – Not ever dorm room, apartment, or hotel room will come with all the literal bells and whistles of a security system. Place underneath your door or window, and, should any try to break in, a 120 decibel alarm will go off, waking you up and alerting others to the threat.

2. Perfect Pepper- This is perfect for anyone who runs or walks alone. Damsel’s pepper sprays are water-based and are among the strongest on the market. They don’t cause permanent damage, but the short damage is more than enough to dissuade your would-be attacker.

1. Gotcha Stun Gun- A fav among HC staff! This camera lookalike houses an alarm, flashlight, and stun gun. All of Damsel’s stun guns include a disable pin safety feature which renders it useless if pulled.  

My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!